* PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASH BACK REBATE
|• Click link above. Do not browse or leave application page before it is completed.
• Please click from GCR again if session expires.
• Must apply online.
• Cash Back Rebate will be paid upon card approval.
How Smart Cash Works
- Up to 5% cash back on all of your eligible gas and grocery purchases for the first 6 months‡
- Up to 2% cash back on eligible gas and grocery purchases thereafter‡
- And, up to 1% cash back on all of your other eligible purchases‡
- 1.99% annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers*, access cheques and deposits* for the first 10 full months
- Enjoy free online access to your credit card account
- And, with no annual fee and free additional cards you’ll start to see the benefits right away.
Rewarding yourself is easy
- Once your cash back totals at least $50 at the end of a monthly billing cycle, we’ll automatically mail you a cheque‡ – it’s that simple.
Benefits of the MBNA Smart Cash Card
There are a variety of reasons Canadians should consider the MBNA Smart Cash Card. This credit card available in Canada offers unparalleled cash back rewards. How much cash you can get back depends on what you buy and how much you spend. For example, you can get as much as 5% cash back on qualifying grocery, gas and retail purchases for the first 6 months of card ownership. After that, the rate decreases to 2% for gas and groceries which is still quite substantial, especially for cardholders who use the Smart Cash Card on a regular basis at the gas station, grocery store or at their favorite retailers. It’s like getting paid to do the things you normally do, like fuel up your vehicle and buy food.
Cash back for retail purchases is 1%. This can add up if you shop a lot. With these kinds of cash back benefits, this card is great for people who spend money at their favorite retail stores, travel by car and regularly purchase groceries. Each month, if your cash back rewards total $50 or more you get a check sent to you by mail. If your cash back rewards do not reach $50 in a month the funds will be held for accumulation until this amount is amassed or exceeded.
The annual interest rate on this card is also quite appealing. The annual interest rate, or AIR, is only 1.99% for check advances and balance transfers for 10 months. It also comes with valuable protection against fraud and theft. You get 24/7, 365-day fraud protection, 90-day protection against purchase theft or damage, and as much as $1,000,000 common carrier travel insurance coverage. Customer service is available to help you 24 hours a day, every day. And there are more than 430,000 Automatic Bank Machines, (ABMs) where you can use your card to get cash.
In review, the MBNA Smart Cash Card is ideal for use when getting gas, buying groceries or shopping for clothes, home decor or other items at qualifying retailers. If you are looking for a card that gives you maximum cash back benefits, then this is the card for you. This card is great for homemakers who do the shopping, college students who drive to and from school, people who travel for business purposes — really, anyone who wants to earn cash rewards on the things they buy on a regular basis.
Applying for this card is fast and easy, and if you have any questions about the application process, approval, or using your new card customer service is there to answer all your questions. With the fantastic annual interest rate, low annual fee, cash back rewards, comprehensive service, protection and other benefits you can see why this credit card is a great choice.
* Visit the application page for further details
Note : This is not a review. Although it is a helpful article it also promotes the smart choice of using GreatCanadianRebates.ca to make all purchases.