Canadian Residents for U.S. Income Tax Return


What are the basic requirements for U.S. income tax return for Canadian residents (non-residents of U.S.) who conduct business in the U.S., such as providing self employed personal services or have a rental income in the U.S. ?

As a U.S. non-residents who are taxable in the U.S. on their U.S. source income must file form 1040 NR by June 15 each year for the prior calendar year. Married residents of Canada may claim exemptions for a spouse and dependent children who lived with them. Although Read more